Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Trophy of Grace

This post has been a long time in the making, I have had to really think about how to lay this out and when would be the most appropriate time...

Let me give you the background before I share my thoughts.

It was in November when I was on security duty at church and one of the men that was supposed to on wasn't there because he had an ear ache. That afternoon when I got to the prayer meeting I was advised that he had been rushed to hospital... that was day 1.

The following Sunday he was still in a coma... that was week 1, during the week most if not all the midweek grace group meeting were praying for this individual and his family... that was week 3.

A month later he was still in a coma, to this day he still lies there... this is week 18!

Now I am sure when you get to this point you are thinking what the heck, and what does this have to do with the title of this post? Well let me explain... if this man comes out of this is will be NOTHING short of a miracle! It would seem that the condition that the doctors think he has has only ever been reported in only 3 other people in the world. Pause and think about that for a second... only 3 other people in the whole world!

So now you see that this will be a trophy of Grace, but what if he doesn't come out of this? Does that change? No, not at all... let me explain, we need to put out theology hats on for a second here and think on the sovereignty of God, absolutely nothing happens by chance and outside of God's control. So the fact that he is lying there didn't or hasn't taken God by surprise...

"all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" Rom 8:28 b

You see, absolutely everything happens for a reason, we may not know the reasons why but they do. We need remember that if one person get saved through this trial I the life of this family it's for God's glory and the life of this man even unto death would be a trophy of grace!

This has challenged me again (and I hope it will in your life) to think not with our hearts but with our theology.

please if you read this no matter where you may be in the world join in prayer with the family of the Brackenhurst Baptist Church that whatever may come... and we are prying that God will heal and bring this family back together, but we most certainly pray for God's will to be done!

(Please leave a comment on this post so I can use it to encourage the family of your prayers)

No comments: