Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Welcome to the world

So what a day, well my day has stretched over two of them. I had a business trip down to Durban yesterday to finish up some stuff before the arrival of Caleb in the coming weeks. Debs told me as I was getting up that she didn't think it was a good idea for me to go and I assured her that everything was fine and I would see at home later.

Anyway by the time I got home Debs wasn't feeling so good and told me her stomach was sore and by the time 11 PM rolled around we decided to pack up and go to the hospital to get it checked out.

Needless to say they just decided to keep her in for observation, after many restless hours they decided to check and it was moving ahead... They called for the anesthetic and the rest is well history. And out came our son, second born to this Payne family. A healthy 3.75 kg and 48cm tall baby boy, not a single complication not a hitch just in and out.

One thing I need to say is that Debbie is a real trooper and managed this so well and is one of the heroes in the tale, the other hero is God and the grace he has shown throughout this entire experience. We have had a truly amazing time latley just reflecting on his provision and guidance over the last year... We were looking at our local church directory today with just the two of us and who would have thought that a year later we would be a family of four!

So welcome to the world Caleb John Payne, we love you and are grateful for your unexpected yet precious arrival today.

No comments: